#HullBloggers Hobbycraft Event

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Although I started this blog in August 2016, it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I attended my first blogging event at Hobbycraft Hull, courtesy of Hull bloggers, a community in and around Hull for people like myself who devote a very large portion of our lives to writing blog posts to lovely people like yourselves who take the time to read what we have to say. 

This being my first event, I was extremely nervous on the drive there, although still very optimistic about what was to come, the people I was going to meet and the memories I was going to make. For the first time ever in my social life, I arrived early, meaning I had time to talk to the other bloggers about what they do as everyone began to arrive. It was a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere, which my nervousness very much appreciated!

This was the first event Hobbycraft have done for bloggers, and they certainly pulled out all the stops, providing us with a fun-filled afternoon of crafts, as well as refreshments and goody bags to take home with us. We spent the two hours making pom-pom decorations for their Christmas display, which I can't wait to see next time I pay a visit! 

We made three different types of pom-poms, the first were made of tissue paper and the second were traditionally made of wool. The wool ones were definitely my favourite (probably because they gave the least chance of going wrong!). We used purpose made pom-pom makers to create them, which can be found on Hobbycraft's website, they were very easy to use and the result was fantastic! 

Overall, I had a lovely relaxed and creative afternoon spent with new people who I hope to keep in-touch with. My first blogging event was a memorable success, I'm finally in the Christmas spirit for 2016, and I'm definitely looking forward to attending my next meet-up with the Hull Bloggers. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments